teen mom to be....

i just recently turned 17 still with my boyfriend of going on 5 years (now engaged) i'm 4 months pregnant. and i know i am young but i am going to try to be the best mom my baby can possibly have and now that i have a living human in me i just love it and don't know what i would do without him/her, my boyfriend and my family. What are your thoughts about my decision of keeping my baby.

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 11:35 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its your choice. Make sure your financial prepared or as much as you can be in that area, have the support of family and friends and remember its the hardest job you will ever have but the most rewarding. Age is a number and keeping your baby is your personal choice. Just do the right thing and make sure you finish school and possibly get on birth control so you don't end up pregnant again.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:37 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I'm way young too, and im pregnant with my first also, i think its great that you are keeping it. You won't regreat it.
    Good luck.
    Cassie14

Answer by Cassie14 at 11:38 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Im not trying to be rude but why do you want to hear peoples thoughts? I think its perfectly fine and normal i was 17 and pregnant i didnt get pregnant and because of it got pregnant, we planned our wedding since the first day we met and then 2 weeks after i was married i found out i was pregnant and sure its hard but we have our family now. And i wish yuo the best of luck and if anyone is rude and says your immature remeber you asked their opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I meant married i repeated pregnant my b.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 25, 2009

• wishing you the best of luck and congrats!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:41 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I am stunned that you really want to know what other people think.
    I know that at 17 I neither mature enough nor close to being financially secure enough to raise, and support a baby. At your age, I was getting ready to graduate high school and go off to college. After college I worked and traveled and generally had a great time. I met a wonderful man who became my husband and we had a child when I was 35. We were able to buy a nice house in a great neighborhood; send our daughter to some of the best public schools in the country, and will be able to send her to college. If she has a baby before she graduates from college, we will be incredibly disappointed that she is not living her life to it's full potential.
    I wish all of you the best of luck.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:05 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Are you still in high school? Do you have someone to watch the baby while you're in school? If not, can you accord daycare? Do you have a support system? Are you financially stable to have a baby? Can you afford $80 in diapers a month and if for some reason have difficulty breastfeeding, can you afford $120 in formula every month? How about $30 in wipes? Are you prepared for the demands a baby has in the first few years of life? Will you be able to keep up with your school work after waking up 5-6 times a night? Getting 2-3 hours of sleep sometimes? Will you be able to continue your education and go to college so that you will be able to take care of this child as he/she grows? How about your fiance? Same questions for him. I'm sure you'll be a great mom, you just have to be ready for everything that will come up. I hope you can get the support you WILL need! Good luck to you and congratulations.
    Anonymous

• I was 18 when I had my first 19 when I had my second. I did get married...BEFORE I got pregnant. We got our own place and there were lean (VERY lean) years. Having a baby isn't easy but if you have taken the time to seek out a sight such as this (and may a recommend babycenter.com) you obviously want to find information and aren't going about this rashly! As for the rude comments about you even asking this question, I don't see the problem with you trying to get some unbiased answers to the questions that I am sure are overwhelming you (and MOST pregnant women) at this time. There are many resources out there to help you financially and as long as you don't intend to stay on them the rest of your life I don't think anyone has a problem with you taking advantage of them. If you ever just want to talk or have questions please feel free to PM me.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:44 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I think it is great you are keeping your baby and I am very proud of you that you didn't take the "easy" way out like so many people do these days and just decide to get an abortion and be done with it. I'm not 17 but I am 21 and 7 months pregnant. I am keeping my little boy as well and I wouldn't have it any other way. Abortion was not an option and it didn't take much thinking to decide adoption was not something I wanted to do either. God gave us these babies as blessings, and I truely believe no children are accidents and that they are born into the world when they were meant to be. The timing might not make sense now, but there is a reason for this baby and I'm so happy you have decided to stick with God's plan for you. Congratulations! It's not going to be easy for either of us but I can promise you it will be worth it! :)
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:01 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I don't think anyone is ever truly prepared to have a child. I'm 21 and i'm 4 months pregnant, and getting married around August, but honestly I can tell you I am not prepared. My boyfriend and I don't really work because we are in college, and we dont want to quit. We live with his parents, and while its not an ideal situation, i know that everything will turn out just fine, and one day we will have money to move out.
    Anonymous