Does anyone work for partylite?

I'm going to be, I'm set up fpr a meeting on Thursday. any words?

Rachel24517

Asked by Rachel24517 at 12:23 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think there are some great party based businesses you can work for. I like Partylite, I don't work for them. I go to the parties or host the parties. I would say to make sure you do little freebies and games with prizes at the parties. That's what draws a lot of people to them. make sure on the invites they know they will be playing games and such. Normal "freebies" are samples of the tealights or votives, and normal "prizes" are the smaller items worth around $10 or so. You will normally make more if yoyu are willing to give a little bit. Other companies you might look into if you are into doing the parties is southern living at home and pampered chef. I don't work for any of them, but I do love the products and I know consultants who do pretty well for those companies.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:40 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Personally I avoid these parties like the plague. They are over priced and poor quality. Good luck, it is not a money making job.
    Anonymous

• My first words... Ignore Anon. Partylite is not a bad company at all and there are pleanty of us that love those parties... Like me!

The only real advice is the same advice I give my downline and other MLM ladies... STAY IN TOUCH with your upline! Let them help you and don't be afraid to ask them for help! That's why they are there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:32 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Um I think that the OP asked for any words, like advice, Sabrina. That is what the first ANON gave her. She gave her personal advice. If I were the OP, I would want both good and bad, not just someone was that trying to SELL.
    Anonymous

• What was I trying to sell?? I'm not with PartyLite... I don't like their products... I am not even a candle lady. I was simply incouraging... Anon, was being rude and negativity is never needed when you are looking to start a business... If you believe you can do it, you can!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:37 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I don't sell Partylite, but I have bought quite a few of their products in the past & my home is more beautiful for it. The only problem I have with them is that they are pricey. If you don't have many friends with disposable income (who also have friends with disposable income) you may find that it's not going to be easy to turn a profit.
    Good Luck!
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 1:37 PM on May. 25, 2009

• In all honesty I'd find another company to sell for. I have several friends who used to do okay with Party Lite who can't sell it at all now. Think about it. People aren't spending $40 on one candle right now in our economy when they can go to Yankee Candle and get one for $12
    Anonymous

• Ignore the anons!!!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:21 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Don't be discouraged...people are still buying candles in this economy...in fact they are buying them just as much as before....and ANON if you got a candle at Yankee for $12 it was a small one!! I am a demonstrator w/ Gold Canyon and I love it. The economy hasn't hurt my business....Do something you love is my advice. If you love partylite...then you will succeed!!! I agree w/ Sabrina as well!!! Good luck girl! And ignore the people that love to be negative and hide behind the ANON button!!!! They forgot their happy pills today!
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 5:54 PM on May. 25, 2009

• i am not with partylite either, but i think they are one of the best when it comes to customer specials and hostess rewards, and in the party business that is one important thing to take into consideration!
    mamasonja27

Answer by mamasonja27 at 9:38 PM on May. 25, 2009