Are bubbles safe for a 9-month old?

Just as the question asks, is it okay to blow bubbles for a 9-month old? I've heard other people doing it, but I always thought it would be harmful if it got in his eyes or mouth or something. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is totally safe they make that stuff no bad for kids and if u are makeing ur own its just dish soap and water it wont hurt him
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:53 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My ds (11 1/2 months) loves bubbles. We just make sure that we blow them far enough away that they won't get in his eyes/mouth or on his skin.
    Anonymous

• it should be fine. i started using bubbles around my DD at 6 months.

just make sure you get the non-toxic kind just in case she drinks it. or just make your own.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:54 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My 9 month old likes to blow bubbles, and catch them. As long as it doesn't get in their eyes I think it's fine. It burns a lot when its in eyes.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:54 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Ours say "non-toxic" on the bottle.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:58 PM on May. 25, 2009

• If you have carpet in your house do not blow bubbles where they can land on the carpet. The soap attracts dirt and you will have little dirt marks on your carpet.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 1:29 PM on May. 25, 2009

• They might burn eyes if they landed there but other than that they are perfectly fine. Dawn dishsoap makes awesome bubbles btw!
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 1:39 PM on May. 25, 2009