I HAVE 5 KIDS AND 2 OF THEM STEALS ONE WAS ALREADY IN JAIL WHAT SHOULD I DO

BUT SHE KEEPS STEALING I HAVE TRIED EVERY THING BUT NOTHING IS WORKING WHAT SHOULD I DO

shorty299

Asked by shorty299 at 12:47 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• next time she steals, bring her back to the store and embarrass her by making her return it to the manager and apologize. I would sign her up in community service that other previous offenders are doing so they can talk to her about how scary jail is and how glad they are to be doing community service instead of serving time
    FrankiesMa08

Answer by FrankiesMa08 at 6:19 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Send them away to boot camp or reform school. Trust me you cannot just let this go. My mom's friend's daughter started out doing the same thing. Stealing from stores constantly. She went to juvy, got out, did it again, and went to juvy AGAIN. No punishment was getting through to her. 2 years later, she was now 16, was caught selling cocaine at school. Not to say that this is what your kids will be doing, but still. If my son EVER started behavior as serious as this, he would be off to boot camp to get his butt kicked into shape.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:49 PM on May. 25, 2009

• make her take the stuff back go with her and maybe even let her get in trouble with cops or something I am sorry this is happening my husbands son is in a foster home for 2 months or so and has community service and he is just finally getting it that its not something u do or bad stuff will happen hope it turn out for u hun i also have 5 kids and 2 steep sons so just hang in there i know it an horrible thing
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:50 PM on May. 25, 2009

• CALL JUDGE HATCHETT NOW!!!!!
    Anonymous

• my 11 year old was doing the stealing thing he would steal money ,stuff from walmart, and things ftrom me and his dad, i know the frustration that you are putting up with. the last thing you want to do is send them away. talk to them and ask them what is going on and if you cant get them to talk seek a medical opinion My son was arrested he was scared to death my husband was in the national guard and we had his whole department take him and talk with him it really seemed to help with this issue also my son was not allowed to go into any store with anyone for no reason that really hurt him too
    Anonymous

• HOW DO YOU SEND THEM TO BOOT CAMP DOES IT COST MONEY TO DO IT
    shorty299

Answer by shorty299 at 12:57 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Ask them why they steal, what is missing from their lives? I think that family counseling is in order, either by a clergy person or another trained counselor.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Turn her in and let her spend some time in jail? If there is a scared straight program in your city, enroll her in that now. Maybe it will keep her on the straight and narrow. Family counseling wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:41 PM on May. 25, 2009

• depends on how old she is.. if she is younger than 9 I would have her return the item(s) & ground her,let her know stealing is wroung. If she is older than 9 I would have her return the item(s) & ground her, spank her, and her pay off the item. If she is 12 or older I would allow her to go to jail or boot camp over it, it may be the only way she can learn.
    You should be able to get help from the camp like a grant, ask. Talk to her teachers, & a councler.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:58 PM on May. 25, 2009

• You could punish the behavior till the cows come home or you could search for the deeper issue. The root cause. It is not normal for three of five kids to be having criminal problems. Something is wrong here. It could be with the family, or with the kids themselves. You should see a family counselor with them and see what he or she thinks is going on.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on May. 27, 2009