• In the Spotlight:

Drinking while unknowingly pregnant?

Ok so i MAY be pregnant, the test i took was negative but my period hasnt started so im waitin a little longer then ill take another, and every weekend me and some friends get together and well, get drunk. I was just wondering if i am will all that drinking have any negative effects?

collegemom1007

Asked by collegemom1007 at 1:08 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, not this early. You'll be fine. The heart doesnt even start beating until the 6th week of pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• I think if you stop drinking until you find out whether or not you ARE pregnant, you are fine.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:48 PM on May. 25, 2009

• But if you think that you might be then I would stop the drinking immediately. I would wait a few more days then test again. I wish you luck, but you probably haven't done any damage yet.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:49 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My cousins wife was 5 months pregnant before she found out she was preg. She had been out for the 3 previous weekends before she found out getting DRUUUUUUNNK (birthdays, Anniv and a bachelorette party) . She was terrified her WHOLE pregnancy and felt so guilty. The baby is fine and wonderful (will be a yr in July) Unfortunately I really think it varies with each person. I know some women can drink and do drugs their entire preg and the baby is fine and some get drunk once and the baby is born with all kinds of problems!! Good Luck!

Anonymous

• i'm not sure that it will harm the baby but you should wait at least a week before takeing a pregnancy test after missing your period and i don't think taht it will effect your baby.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 2:39 PM on May. 25, 2009

• ok...so b/c you name said collageMOM and you said you and some college friends get drunk every weekend I jumped over to your profile (hope that's no biggie). You are a mom and you go out every weekend and get drunk :( ok we can let that one slide (I guess). But you answered a question about TTC and said you and your dh are trying....right now. Why the heck are you out drinking every weekend if you are TTC and THEN worrying that it might adversely affect the baby?

Anonymous