What would people do without PA?

Would they not have so many kids? would they do without cable, cell, or eat out.
I am so tired of people on PA. I see people that are pregnant with 7 kids but they are on PA.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They would learn the difference between a need and a want.
    Anonymous

• we are on pa and if it came down to it i guess we would have to move in with family.... we dont have cable or cell phones, we jsut have 1 car and we have the bare minume
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:41 PM on May. 25, 2009

• MOST people on PA are NOT like that. The examples you give are stereotypes provided by the few who blatantlyabuse the system and give everyone on PA a bad name. If there was no PA, many many children would die of starvation. Do you want to see pictures of American babies with big bellies, sunken eyes and flies crawling on them like the pictures of those poor babies in Africa? If there was no PA, that would be happening here.

Anonymous

• Hmmm Anon, I'd like to see the statistics on that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:54 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Well when people can't feed their children what do you think happens?
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:58 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't say PA should be totally done away with.However serious reform should be happening like yesturday.Also,immigration laws actually enforced.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:01 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I guess I didn't relly answer you though.......I think if it were to happen that yes there would not be as many people having kids they could not afford.The ones who have would have to find a way to do for their kids themselves or turn to family,friends,charities.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:03 PM on May. 25, 2009

• They would do what they had to. We were on FS when when first started out. Just when we started to get ahead and feel like we weren't drowning, we maxed out of the program (by about $30) It was awful. With the need to have to now come up with food money we were in over our heads again. After that I never applied again, even if we qualified. They are a great help and all but I found it much better to know when I was getting ahead. I am not sure if that made sense ;) I think the programs are great for those in need but I have to say struggling did make me WAY more cognizant of BC and ensuring we had no more that we couldn't support on our own!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:06 PM on May. 25, 2009

• learn to cook and deal with room mates
    Anonymous

• Right now with the economy a lot of people would be screwed. people always think well my husband and I have good jobs so we will never have to worry about it and then you get laid off, you can't find another job right away but you still have children to feed and bills that won't wait so you go on PA until you can get back on your feet. Some people have savings but that only last so long. There will always be people out there that abuse the system which makes it harder for the honest people to get it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:21 PM on May. 25, 2009