8 month old throwing a fit or what is she doing?

So my 8 month old daughter has started this thing where she grunts and screams really loud ALL the time and I don't know why shes doing it. My mom says shes learning to throw a temper tantrum lol but I don't know.. at first I thought she was trying to poo but i know thats not the case anymore.. I think shes going through a phase.. does anybody know why shes doing this and what to do to get her to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son does the same thing. He'll be 9 months on the second. Usually if I take something away from him that he can't have or if he's just bored, I guess, he'll start grunting and starts crawling while crying a little bit. As soon as he finds something else to do, he's fine. I'm thinking it's just a phase and they're just trying to see what we'll do if they act like that. They're so smart at such a young age!
    Anonymous

• LOL I have an 8 month old who's doing something similar... At this age they start to experiment with the volume of their voices. So it could be that she's not even unhappy, just trying to learn how to make her voice really, really loud. Or she starts to get frustrated (common at this age where they can do a little more so they want to do everything) and it escalates because she's learned to make her voice big. I remember this with my first daughter, too... it is just a phase, but there are plenty more phases that involve loud noises of all sorts, so be prepared :)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:06 PM on May. 25, 2009

• This is only the beginning. My son is now 11 months old, he has been throwing fits ever since he was about 7 months old. Then we'll have a period of perfectly happy, angelic child, then BAM! The demon comes back out. Haha. All I can say is patience, patience, redirection, distraction, and more patience! :)
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 8:12 PM on May. 25, 2009