Do long distance relationships ever work?

So I am dating a man that is PCS'ing :( I wanted to know if anyone out there was successful with a long distance relationship.

dakotaNrye

Asked by dakotaNrye at 3:08 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• What is PCS'ing????
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:15 PM on May. 25, 2009

• In my personal experience, no. I THOUGHT it was working out, but later I found out I was being cheated on the whole time. My boyfriend was away at college and I was at home. We were only about an hour 1/2 away from eachother and I would see him every weekend when I either went down or he came home. We fought a lot and he lied to me a few times about where he was but as far as I knew nothing else was going on. Well later on I found out he was with his x girlfriend almost every night (during the week) and that they had even planned a trip together for Spring Break that I didn't even know about! He told me he was going to Florida with his family when really he was going with her. So I said never again will I have a long distance relationship. I'm sure it works for some people but for me it didn't.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:28 PM on May. 25, 2009

• PCS'ing means the army is relocating him. He is getting stationed at a new base... :)
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 3:34 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My hubby is in the Air Force and when we first started dating, he was in California and I was in Arkansas going to college. I ended up moving to Cali 3 months later and we got married. But he is always deploying and that's pretty much like a long-distance marriage, to me anyways. Things for us work out just fine! We talk every day and use the web cam so he can see his daughter =) I think if two people want it to work, there is always a way to make it happen!! GL to you both and if you need anything else, pm me!!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 4:09 PM on May. 25, 2009