How would you take it?

If a person close to you is always answering your normal conversational questions with short - quick- hard answers and always with a tone of irritation in their voice, would you think this person is (A) mad at you, (B) angry at the world, or (C) an a$$hole for the sake of being an a$$hole. I think this person is just using me for a place to shower and sleep - pays rent - but does it with an attitude, chucking the money on the table. Oh yeah, this is my house. I pay all the bills - he pays $200 rent.

Example: (each separate conversations, separate situations - on any given day.)

Q: "I have some laundry to finish. Do you have a lot that you're doing? "
A: "What do you think?"

Q: "Where did you spend your weekend?"
A: "Somewhere else"

Q: "You are picking that up when you're done, right?"
A: (while clipping their toenails in your private bath - their bath is the guest bath) "Duh! why do you think I'm making a pile?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• He needs a reality check!! Kick his butt out! He obviously does not appreciate the favor you are doing for him, $200 a month is chump change when it comes to living expenses, any mature adult knows that! If you feel that badly about kicking him out then charge him $20 bucks every time he gives you attitude about stupid stuff. At least he'll be paying for his very nasty behavior. He may be family but that should mean he reciprocates love and gratitude not attitude and ugliness!!!!

Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 4:17 PM on May. 25, 2009

• id be highly irritated. at least theyr payin rent though. i have my exs sisster staying with me and she doesnt pay a dime and shes more rude than that. ugh.
    this is why i cant do roommate situations. i go crazy.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 3:17 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I don't know...I guess maybe I'd think they only want to be roommates...not friends. (Which would be difficult and totally suck.) This person seems annoyed.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 3:22 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I couldn't deal with that, my temper wouldn't handle it. $200 bucks isn't worth the aggrivation. My answer is a combo of A, B, and C
    I'd bet money he's a misserable Ass where ever he is.
    Anonymous

• OP here. I agree he seems annoyed all the damn time. Problem is, he lives in my house, is a family member, doesn't buy any groceries, laundry soap, nothing; I provide everything AND he's using my extra car because his is broke down; doesn't help out at all other than paying his $100 every two weeks - and then I have to remind him. I just popped off to him that if I irritate him THAT bad, then I don't know why he even comes around me. He didn't respond. I'm beginning to find his presence highly intrusive and want him to just leave. I shouldn't have to take him to raise just cuz he's family and I shouldn't have to put up with his attitude either. But I don't know how to approach him about leaving. I'm getting to a point to where I don't care if I piss him off or not. Hell, I asked if I had done something to make him made at me - all he said was "what would you have done" - which wasn't really an answer.
    Anonymous

• op again - he got pissed off at me when I had the cable hooked up and didn't have an outlet put in the room he's staying in - like he was entitled to it or something - but he doesn't chip in on that bill either. This is not a roommate situation - this is just a family member who needed a place to stay.
    Anonymous

• I say kick his disrespectful ass OUT! Appearentally he thinks that $200 a month gives him every right to be a total asshole, which IDK what world he is living in but if you ONLY pay $200 a month to have EVERYTHING provided to you, you better be kissing your landlords (or roommate or whatever) ass BIG TIME! I would also tell him that he can stay if he starts helping out more money wise, honestly though he sounds like a big self entitled JERK and is totally taking advantage of you.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:03 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I'd say since this person is always acting like a jerk and does not help out with other expenses they should be put on notice. Let him know that he has X weeks to find a new place to live. If he balks say "well your attitude sucks, you barely pay anything for rent, and you do not chip in for cable, food, my car.... and I am sick of it!". I would also let family members know he was given X weeks to move (maybe they can apply some pressure to get him out of your house). Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:15 PM on May. 25, 2009