when should i potty train, how will i know she is ready

my little girl is 3 years old now, she still isn't going potty by herself. she doesn't know when she is wet. how can i teach her. i have read books and tried giving her prizes but nothing works what now. please help

amberr1220

Asked by amberr1220 at 3:17 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well there isnt always a trick to them learning. Mine is about to turn 4 and hes just now learned when he has to go potty and is going every time and asking and telling us he has to. I know this all started within the last few months. Does yours go to daycare? Mine does so they enforce it there too. So that is helpful. Sometimes just putting them in underwear will make them realize when the pee that it will get them wet. Sometimes that will help them train themselves on how to hold it and when they feel like they have to go. Just be ready to change the underwear and do a lot of laundry!!!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 3:29 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I agree with angie. I put my daughter in underwear. She became potty trained in a week. Using diapers just confuses them they can't tell when their wet or dry.
    a11ysmommy

Answer by a11ysmommy at 7:34 PM on May. 25, 2009