Have you ever questioned your beliefs?

And I mean the one's you have at this moment. I know most of us have switched belief systems at some point. But I am talking about wondering if maybe, just maybe, the religion you are practicing is wrong or not the whole truth? I am not asking to convert anyone here, I am just asking to see if anyone else ever thinks about this possibility.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 3:20 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I don't now. Of course I did before I was a Pagan.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:24 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Well,what I'm about to share will probably shock alot of you. But, there was a time,about 3 years ago,when I was very upset with God. I,as most know, have had life-long problems with my left leg. There were times when I begged my husband to just get a chainsaw and cut it off! The pain was unbearable. One day, a couple ladies from my church invited me to another lady's house that night. A young evangelist was going to be there,and would be praying,and laying his hands on the sick. I thought this was the answer to my prayers. I went that night. We sat and listened to him preach for awhile,and then, he got up and made a beeline for me. He put his hand on my head,and began praying. I could feel the power coming through his hand. My head felt so hot! When he was done, I had no pain in my leg. I thought I'd been cured. I was so excited! However, as the days went by, the pain came back. I really tried to ignore it at first, pretend
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:27 PM on May. 25, 2009

• When i left home for college in 2001 I finally started looking into alternate religions. I am currently a solitary Wiccan. i questioned my religion, Christianity at that time, when i found that i felt closer to the divine power sitting in the woods in a circle with friends on a church retreat and we where supposed to be praying, than i did sitting in church listening to someone give a sermon. It made me question everything, but out of respect for my parents i did not look into it until i was our of the house. I found that many of the questions i had were valid. My family did have a problem with it. My stepMom walked out of the room because she was uncomfortable with it and we do not talk about it to this day. But i am happy with my soul in the goddess hands. Blessed Be.
    mbaker331

Answer by mbaker331 at 3:29 PM on May. 25, 2009

• That's the weird thing about being agnostic. It's kinda my "thing" to question what I believe and what others believe. But what I fundamentally believe in, nah, I haven't questioned it yet.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:30 PM on May. 25, 2009

• it wasn't there. But, it was. I began to get very angry at God. I couldn't understand why He'd give me healing,and then just take it back. I stopped going to church, and, for awhile I didn't want to study my Bible, or pray. Finally, after a few weeks, my Pastor called me. He said God had revealed to him he and I needed to meet. I went to his office,and spilled everything out. We prayed for a long time that day. God finally revealed to me I'd gotten in His way. I'd gotten ahead of His plans for my life. I would receive my healing, but in GOD'S time, not mine! So, I finally submitted my will to His,and as most of you know, I recieved my healing last summer on August 18th,when I had total hip replacement surgery. Had I of recieved my healing the first time, I honestly believe I'd of not been still to hear God's voice, to know what He had planned for me. He never fails me,and I have learned He answers us when He knows it's right.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:31 PM on May. 25, 2009

• However, I will never question Him again, I know now, that He is always right, never leaves, never forsakes me, and knows far better than I do what is best for me. In fact, I had to go through that crisis of faith to bring me to the point I am now, the point of total surrender. God is always in control,and once I learned that, my life began to get better, my health was restored, our finances improved, my family became stronger. All because we trust in God completely,and let Him work His will in our lives.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:34 PM on May. 25, 2009

• In the beginning (almost 15 years ago) I did because my new-found beliefs were met with a lot of outside opposition.  In those almost 15 years I have gained a better understanding of other beliefs and my own but I have not questioned them.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 3:34 PM on May. 25, 2009

• In the past, yes.
    Currently, no.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:34 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I am an atheist.......I constantly question everything I currently agree with. You have to....otherwise you're unable to accept new discoveries.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 3:45 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Years ago, when I first learned about folkish fellowships. Then I came to terms with it and realized that I can no more control them than a normal Christian can control the KKK or people like Phelps.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:03 PM on May. 25, 2009