Constant pain in lower back (30 weeks)...

I swear if it isn't one thing it's another. My foot swelling has gone down dramaticallly. This morning I woke up feeling like someone took a hammer to my wrist (which is now fine), but for the last three hours, I've had such severe, constant lower back pain, I can't see straight. I'm so frustrated (and frankly, getting a bit nervous). I'm not "cramping' or having contractions - the pain is like when I used to throw my back out when I was significantly overweight. I can't sit/stand/lie down in one position for more than 5 minutes at a time. It hurts no matter what I do. I looked up gall bladder symptoms as another post suggested, and it doesn't match what I'm feeling. Anyone have any input? Thanks in advance from one very frustrated mom (they aren't kidding when they say every pregnancy is different - didn't feel this at all with my first)...

lb304

Asked by lb304 at 3:33 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• take some tylenol...thats about the only thing that will help. at your next doc appt, tell them about the pain and ask them if they offer a belly support for prego women. i had horrible back pain when i was prego, i couldnt walk more than 10 steps without wanting to cry. i got a belly support from my doc (i'm in the military so i dont know if that is something every doc offers or if it's just a military thing). but definitely ask...it worked wonders!!!! about a week after i got it, i could walk anywhere NO PAIN!! it's a belly support that wraps around your lower back and stomach, mine was white and had velcro, it was 2 pieces. good luck!
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 3:52 PM on May. 25, 2009