Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Types of assistance could i benafit from il be 18 in two months

im 17 il be 18 on July 27, i am haveing a baby girl on July 22 she has down sydrome and i am left with me my boyfriend who is 21 and my baby we have NO place to stay NO job or sorse of income and i really really need help but im unsure of how to go about everything i need to find a place in Newyork as soon as possible and i am un sure if i can because of the age i am and the age diffrence between me and my botfriend i need help bad

Answer Question

Asked by Mrs.NewMommy303 at 3:40 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Well first of all your dead beat boyfriend needs to go get a job. Even if he has to work at a fast food place.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on May. 25, 2009

  • Why not just give your baby up instead of living off the government.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on May. 25, 2009

  • sweetie don't ask here for help the Trolls will eat you alive I would call your local Human Services and ask for help or try and get into public housing and go to collage until you get a degree and can pay your own way Good Luck


    Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on May. 25, 2009

  • wow that is a harsh thing to say when it comes to talking about another human life she may not want to give her baby up and just needs a little push of assistance to get on the right track its already going to be hard taking care of a baby with this condition i would suggest both of you look for employment and go to your local welfare office and inquire about getting some kind of assistance even if its just medical it will help and since you are not working you will more than likely get it .... my comment was addressed to the previous answer to this quiestion which said she should just give har baby up instesd of depending on the goverment how rude and belittleing

    Answer by precious_j at 3:58 PM on May. 25, 2009

  • If your baby does have Down Syndrome when he/she is born then you can apply for SSI for the child. Once approve you will get a check every month. It also comes with medical for the child. You could also get food stamps. Good Luck

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:59 PM on May. 25, 2009

  • google WIC and welfare, it's not the greatest help, but it's help none-the-less. WIC will help you out with healthy food for you and the baby once she is born. welfare wil help with housing and things like that. each of those will also be able to tell you where you can get other help or if you qualify for any additional help thru the government. however the post above, while a little abrasive, was very correct...your man needs to get a job! because WIC/welfare DO NOT pay for diapers, clothes, or anything else that comes along with a special needs baby. mcdonalds might not be the most glamorous job...but it'll buy diapers/wipes/clothes/everything else that babies need. GOOD LUCK!

    Answer by robbinsme at 4:01 PM on May. 25, 2009

  • Why not just give your baby up instead of living off the government
    Why not give up on paying your taxes so that the government can throw your ass in jail.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on May. 25, 2009

  • OMG! How HARSH people can be. We ALL need some type of help at some point in time in our lives! Just because she is young does NOT give anyone the right to downfall someone and their unborn child!! I do suggest that your boyfriend get a job. Just about any fast food place is hiring right now! I would also suggest signing up on wic, foodstamps and medicaid. I would also suggest signing up for housing assistance whther it be section 8 or just living in the housing apartments. Also, i would say sign up for SSI when the child is born and it is verified that the baby does have DS.


    Answer by SweetKYmom at 5:25 PM on May. 25, 2009

  • Call your local human services hot line or contact your local government for WIC/SSI/Section 8 housing and assistance with your special needs child. I would also try churches and other charities to help out as well.
    Please don't take this the wrong way, as I say it with more concern than anything else - but have you graduated HS yet? What is the age of consent in your state? A 17 year old getting pregnant by a 21 year old can be illegal in some states. Do you have parents to help you? How about your BF's parents? Also, if you and your bf need a job, please brush up on your punctuation and spelling. You need to make a good first impression to find work in this economy. GL!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on May. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.