Trying to move on as a 40(ish)

Where do you think a 40(ish) woman should be in her life?

I know my life's my own, but I don't want to rush off to the gyn to implant quints because I'm freaking out about my age.

Please don't give answers of "be who you want to be". This can go too far, as in a 60 yr old mama of a newborn "because I feel young". I'm sure you know what I mean.

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 3:40 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, it depends on the woman.
    Anonymous

• Anon :44, Thanks,

The relative to the person type can go too far, i.e. a 60yr old with a newborn. What is most acceptable and expected for a 40(ish)?
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 3:51 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Of course, this is based on me and I think a woman of 40 is a very youthful older woman. Wise because of experiences and what she has learned from then and young enough to do just about anything she still wants to with her mind and body. It's the mid point of life: so much accomplished and so much to look forward to. I suggest you think about where you have been, where you are and where you want to be in one, five, ten years and so on. Set some goals so you can live the rest of your life the way you dream of. If you set goals, dreams will come true!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 3:51 PM on May. 25, 2009

• This just slightly over 40 woman is raising 3 young special needs boys (the youngest of which was born when I was 40). I am trying to patiently help them all get into school so I can go back to school myself. Or stay home for a break from them I haven't decided yet. LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:57 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I'll answer this like I'd tell my Mom. She just turned 49 and she is in a terrible place in her life in mine and other's opinions. She refuses to admit to herself that she is actually 49 and not 21. She is chasing after a younger man who treats her like crap. She lives with my grandparents and she doesn't spend ANY time at all with any of her 6 grandchildren, or me or my sister. I WISH she put her family first and stopped letting some dude decide every minute of her life. I wish she would stop being a liar and a manipulator. I wish she would be a grandma to her grandkids and try to reestablish her relationship with her daughters. That's where I think she should be.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 3:59 PM on May. 25, 2009

• At 40 I had my children in school and was taking an aerobics class and had just started a part time job after having quit my previous job to be a SAHM. I would have liked to have been a successful business woman at 40, but it wasn't to be with my choice to stay home.

Answer by Bmat at 4:01 PM on May. 25, 2009

• As a woman who turned 40 last november, I can say I am happy where I am. I spent my 20's chasing after my career and travelling. At 30 I decided I wanted to find a man, and did so, getting married when I was 33. We have 3 daughters, ages 4.5 years, 3 years, and 10 weeks! All very healthy children. I feel settled in my life and am focused on my children instead of a career, which will still be there when I am ready to return to work ( I am a nurse). Everyone is different, and 40 is not too old to have children IMO. Do what feels best for you!
    Anonymous

• Anon :52,

If so proud of your life, why by anonymous? Maybe to throw other people's insecurities in their faces? Remember, this was a question about 40 year olds in general.

I've worked throughout my life (had to) and have a failed business in advertising. But I do have a good job now and have a beautiful daughter. I will be starting another business in the future.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 9:26 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Wherever you want to be!
    You can do anything you want, be anything you want to be, explore all avenues of life that interest you, and to hell with the world and what everyone else thinks.
    Enjoy!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:20 AM on May. 26, 2009