I would Kill, What would YOU Do???

If I found out my husband or ANYONE was molesting or harming my child. The reason Im asking this is because I know a woman who found out that had happend and is still married to the man.

sarahdicksonjr

Asked by sarahdicksonjr at 3:55 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I would cut 'it' off.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 3:57 PM on May. 25, 2009

• yeah I would kill them to I have it in me to do it

Anonymous

• I think I'm with both of you, there would definatly be torture involved. I couldn't stay married to a man that abused my kids, sexually or otherwise.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 3:58 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My aunt stayed married to my uncle when she found out he molested their daughter-biological. I didn't know until my cousin the one who got molested told me one day and I told my mom and Idk it's something my family just did not want to talk about. Very sad and disgusting!
    Anonymous

• Oh, to answer the question no I could not and would not stay with someone who abused my children on any level.
    Anonymous

• I'd have to go the route of hiring someone to "take care of things," no sense in me or my husband going to jail and our child/children who would need us more than ever, be without us! No smarmy character is worth giving up MY freedom for--even if it was a family member or close friend!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:03 PM on May. 25, 2009

• To acknowledge it happening (believing the child) means taking drastic action in your own life (the adult who finds out). People seem to be able to distance themselves emotionally, or disengage emotionally so they don't feel it for their child, and therefore can continue to live with it (or the perpetrator). People don't want to "upset the apple cart"....all the while sacrificing the child.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:03 PM on May. 25, 2009

• i would torture, and then kill the person.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 4:04 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I worry about this same thing every time my 11 year old daughter goes to spend the night at a friends house. I can't imagine what I would do if someone werre to harm my children. I was molested at age 10 by my step father and my mother stayed with him and is still married to him. I always felt angry that my mother did not do something about this. Tell your friend that she is a coward for continuing to be with a man that did such a thing to her child. What is she thinking?
    Anonymous

• Still married to the man? Does her child mean nothing to her? OMG, I would kill. You need to call child services, that poor kid needs someone to look out for her!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:10 PM on May. 25, 2009