Can anyone give me some tips on at home bikini waxing?

I am 34 weeks pregnant now and I'd like to do this soon so I can be hair free for as long as possible after I have my baby. I realize this is going to hurt. LOL. I tested a small strip on the only area I could reach and it wasn't that bad. DH said he'd do it as long as I don't injure him. LOL. I know that baby powder to reduce moisture should be applied so you only yank off hair, not skin. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any other tips?

kbates1208

Asked by kbates1208 at 4:20 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to use Nad's brand. I liked it much better than other waxes out there. I actually waxed it ALL off for quite a long period of time. Hold the skin taut. Have DH count to three then "rip". When he does the "rip" exhale quickly...like you are trying to blow out a single candle from across the room.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 5:06 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Don't do it.
    Anonymous

• Yeah... don't... trust me.

That old email that circulates every now & again detailing the nightmare of do-it-yourself waxing?

Yeah.. that's not a joke. It actually turns out that way!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:24 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Aw, come on, I know it can't always turn out that bad! I've waxed my own eyebrows for years while other people almost cry from it!
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 4:28 PM on May. 25, 2009

• just be super easy!!!! rip it off very fast and keep the ripping part as clost to the skina s possible....

use baby powder.. what kind of wax are you using?

cold, hot., sugar?
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 4:36 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Good luck. I would be scared to do it. Iam sticking to shaving lol
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 7:04 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Cool, thanks ladies. I plan on using Nads. I've used every wax around and I like it best. Its comforting to know if you accidentally get it somewhere its not supposed to be, you can wash it off so easily!
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 1:31 PM on May. 27, 2009