For those who cut off contact with mil/so's mom:

Why did you do it? If you don't mind sharing...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• My SO did it because she is also a manipulative woman. We had only been together about 6 months when he decided he wasn't going to have anything to do with his mom or 2 siblings, after that we found out we were prego and our beautiful daughter is now 9 mo. and has never seen her. I don't feel bad b/c he had a bad growing up and finally just got sick of all the BS. His mother tries talking to some of my family members and when some ppl ask her how her granddaughter is she says growing like a weed but yet has never, ever seen her and only saw a pic once when she was like 1 or 2 mo old. So she is still lying and covering things up!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 6:31 PM on May. 25, 2009

• cause my mil is a crackhead, literally, and she stole my hubbys credit cards, and all our money, and she hates me and my dd. so ..... i was like screw that and i dont talk to her she doesnt see my dd. my hubby can do whatever he wants with her but hes only talk to her once since and that was about 2 and half years ago
    Anonymous

• Well, I didnt cut off my mil I cut off MY MOM, and I did it because she is a bad person. she is a horrble horrible woman who I dont want to ever get to see me or my kids again!!
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 4:33 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My husband actually was the one who did it, because she is manipulative, playing her kids against each other, and was always cutting me down. I actually kept trying to salvage something for my son's sake, but my husband got tired of the drama.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:56 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Actually, she cut off communication. She told me when out little boy was a year old that I wasn't welcome in her home unless I was with her son (my dh) and my fil had to be there too. She said we had too many "misunderstandings" in the past....I had told her in the past that I knew she didn't like me and that I had really tried to make things work. Now, she will only call my dh's phone, and only sees our little boy if my dh takes him over to their house. I have always told her that she and my fil are welcome in our home but they won't even treat me and my kids like family anymore. Too bad for them is all I can say, I'm much closer to my family now that I don't go to my inlaws.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 6:38 PM on May. 25, 2009

• army wife2000: if you're not welcome over there, you shouldn't allow your son over there either. You two are a "package deal"...by sending him over without you, she won-she got what she wanted. Don't be so accomodating. Let her come to YOUR house to see your son.
    Anonymous

• She ought to be ashamed of herself...an old lady acting like a spoiled brat! Your husband should be sticking up for you. What does he have to say about the situation?
    Anonymous

• My so's battle-ax -I mean MOTHER-is the same way, sblynn. She pretends that she has a relationship with my dd, even though she hasn't seen her in almost 8 months. She's always asking my so for pictures so she can brag to her friends and co-workers that she's such a good gramma...horse pucky!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:23 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I appologise this isnt on topic, but I'm new to this site and cant figure out what, mil so & dd all stand for =/
    Christie814

Answer by Christie814 at 9:52 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Sound's a lot like my sister's ex-inlaws. Her ex is on drugs and his parents think of him as an angel child, he is a very scary person. And my sister's ex-inlaws pratically took her daughter without permission to Miami without my sister for mother's day. So much more drama than that, but still they are all in contact.
    Anonymous