Do you supervise your child while they brush their teeth?

If we don't they can make a big mess with the tooth paste, I tell them to go brush their teeth and to make sure they use only a pea size of toothpaste. It works for us :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on May. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have to!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:43 PM on May. 25, 2009

• well mostly, my almost 4 year old knows now not to play with toothpaste. I always put the toothpaste on his toothbrush for him. I usually let him do his thing and then i brush his teeth also. There are nights when i let him do it all alone. Im sure one night of me not brushing them is going to be ok. He loves to brush his teeth. We have a routine in doing it after bath.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 4:44 PM on May. 25, 2009

• yes i do...he does very well with putting on the toothpaste...it's the brushing I'm concerned about...one, two, three and he's done. This is a pet peeve of mine. I really want him to take good care of his teeth. I explain how and why and if he's ever seen kids with caps and etc. Now, I am not saying that kids with caps don't take care of their teeth. I have been told by a dentist's assistant that some people are born with weak teeth and some people are born with strong teeth. He does a good job.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:08 PM on May. 25, 2009

• For kids that continually have to be reminded about brushing teeth there are some cute books and toothbrushes that are good read to encourage them and help them understand. A cool new toothbrush does the trick sometimes too!  http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=11

momjs

Answer by momjs at 6:38 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I have too just because he will say that he did when he didn't! it's funny sometimes! He's not a good at lieing.
    jayjulmommy

Answer by jayjulmommy at 7:17 PM on May. 25, 2009

• In the morning we don't supervise. Before school we have the toothbrush with the toothpaste ready for him and he just goes up and takes care of it. At night one of us brushes and flosses his teeth for him. He doesn't do a good job, and because he used to live with his mother, who wouldn't even buy him toothpaste, he's already had 18+ cavities.
    Anonymous

• i have always supervised mine becuase they like to see in the mirror when they do it which means they are on a step stool so i watch then becuase my sister in law ran a toothbrush down her throat at age 3 when she fell with it in her mouth, she almost bleed to death on the way to the hospital.
    2barnettkids

Answer by 2barnettkids at 1:26 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I check his teeth when he's done and I pop in on him while he's brushing to see how long he's doing it for!
    TaiyoandMe

Answer by TaiyoandMe at 2:56 PM on May. 26, 2009