Does anyone else go crazy?

I have two boys 4yrs and 3 yrs. They are 13 months apart. The older is legally still my brother (i'll be adopting) the younger is my stepson. They are two entirely opposite children. My older boy does everything as fast as he can, he has behavioral issues and irrational fears but is very outgoing (too outgoing because i cant figure out how to get him to stop talking to strangers all the time). My younger one takes his time doing everything, is usually very well behaved and doesnt have many fears, he's also very shy and i have the hardest time getting him to interact in things that he says he wants to do.
Between the two of them, i go crazy on a daily basis. What about you?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 4:48 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I feel you, I have two BOYS one is 4 the younger is 15 months by the time their dad gets home is like heaven on earth for me but during the day my house looks like an earthquake or a tornado but what can you do, BREATH IN BREATH OUT soon it will get better I hope
    Anonymous

• Totally!! My eldest daughter will be 5 in august and she is so energetic and outgoing. We had a garage sale a while ago and she picked flowers for all the women, and wanted to open the vehicle doors when they left! Wanting to talk non-stop! My second daughter is 3, very laid back, shy, but has a temper! The older one gets into things and blames it on the younger. I am always at attention watching them and it gets frustrating at times! Am hoping the older one will mellow when she starts kindergarten this fall, and I will have a break when she is gone! Some days all I want to do is nap because I just can't keep up with all her energy. I am glad I am not the only one who feels she is going crazy!
    kassie726

Answer by kassie726 at 5:29 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Going crazy?? oh honey we past 'going' a long time ago!! "Our" boys are my stepsons..3 & 4, they are 1 yr and 12 days apart. Which I know a lot of you can relate to, although my own kids are 20 & 24!! I am an 'at home stepmom' full time and I'm 47 yrs old! The only thing that has kept my sanity in check is their father...who is 25, lol yes he is about 15 months older then my son. He is a great dad and helps out more then I ever thought possible, but I still get so exhausted that by the end of the day I'm so keyed up I can't sleep. I'm not sure it was the smartest thing in the world, but we are going to homeschool the older one for pre-K, mostly to let their real mom have them for more visits over the next year before the bigger one goes to kindergarten...by then we'll probably send the little one off too. I haven't gotten the calendar out to count down the days.....but I'm awfully darn tempted! lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:46 PM on May. 25, 2009