Department store discount?

How can you get one?

Have you ever asked for one, just because you felt what you wanted to purchase was too expensive?
Did the sales person give it (discount) to you?

I've done it at Walmart once or twice, but I'm not sure about doing it at a department store like Dillard's or Macy's. How would that be received?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Shopping

• Check the store's websites or your local papers. Macy's always has 15% and 20% off coupons. Never pay full retail price for anything.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I have in Macy's they are more then willing to gove you one, esp. right now since they do not have that many shoppers. Heck I do not even ask they whip out a newspaper ad and thier discount card and I save a bundle. Now I do not know about higher end stores like Saks 5th ave. I am way too scared to even walk in that store!
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:52 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I always buy on sale with coupons and shop around.
    If you know the item is cheaper somewhere else I would definately mention it.

I am so glad with have a Off Saks 5th outlet near us. Even the Saks 5th outlet used to scare me before they opened this one.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:55 AM on May. 27, 2009