What is you most peaceful memorable moment from childhood.

Try to explain how you felt, does it make you go back when you think about it?

IraqiVetWife

Asked by IraqiVetWife at 5:06 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When i was really little it was late at night and i had been sick or something. My mom rocked me and sang "You are my Sunshine". I remember feeling so safe in her arms.
    That was before a bunch of bad stuff happend. ...wow. way to change my mood.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:11 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Whenever Id sit in my room and turn on music. There was a peace that filled the air and I just enjoyed feeling its warmth.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:14 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I'd have to say the first night after my mom got out of the hospital when I was 13. She is Epileptic,and hadn't had a seizure in years, then had one on my 13th birthday. Two weeks later, her birthday fell on Thanksgiving,and she had 2 grand malls in one day. She never had before,and she ended up in the hospital for 3 days. That was the first time we'd been apart like that,and I spent as much time in her room as they'd allow me. I stayed with my grandparents, but I was so happy the day she came home,and we could go to our house. That was without a doubt the most peaceful I'd been in childhood.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:36 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Oh crikey!  That's a lot of memories from many moons ago to wade through.  Recall ain't what it used to be. 

I remember many summer picnics with my parents and grandparents in Quebec's Eastern Townships and New England.  

I remember helping my dad put the snow tires on the car every year.  That meant he changed the tires and I played in the trunk with the dog.

I remember playing with a dollop of shaving cream and telling my dad all about my day while he shaved every night.

Pretty much all my best childhood memories revolve around my dad.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:39 PM on May. 25, 2009

• In california I remember a day in Sunday school, the bathrooms were not in the classroom so i asked to be excused.
    As i was walking to the bathroom i kinda wondered off. I found a spot underneath a tree where it was shady With slight wind but there was still some warm sun hitting me, I was wearing my favorite sunday school dress.

I enjoyed being out there by mysel;f the neighborhood was quiet I could see my schoolsnice green field next door empty.

The sun, the wind and shade and in a Sunday dress that made me feel pretty is my most peaceful and memorable moment.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:44 PM on May. 25, 2009

• when my parents told me at age 5 they were getting a divorce. I knew the fighting would stop and that gave me peace.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:45 PM on May. 25, 2009

• In the evenings my parents would go out in the front yard and talk with all our neighbors. My dad and I would sit in lawn chairs and he would let me talk and talk and talk and he really listened to everything I said. I love those moments. I felt so special.

I also loved the evenings after my bath when I would lay with my mom on the couch. I would put my head on her belly to listen to all the sounds it made. She would rub my scalp and my temples and I would relax. I can still hear the sound of the rainbird sprinkler in the backyard and spell the wet grass. I felt loved, I felt safe, I felt happy.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:18 PM on May. 25, 2009

• the freedom... the best times were at my grandmothers though..
    dancing around her kitchen to songs like "big girls don't cry" and "be my baby" while baking up a storm.. there was flour all over us, the floors, the counters.. licking the spoons.. but it was all smiles. Sitting on the front porch with her at night watching fire flies dancing around outside, or listening to the thunder.. going for a drive to the store, only to take a "short cut" on the way back, taking us to some unknown destination that we would discover together. It was all fun with her
    yeah, my grandmother was definitely the most fun and most memorable memories I have :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:31 PM on May. 25, 2009

• simple smileThank you OP... reminding me of those memories puts a smile on my face

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:32 PM on May. 25, 2009

• When I was younger, we used to go out to the state forest. They have horse trails and walking trails in the woods and I used to hike on them alot by myself. I remeber walking down some of those paths and just feeling so peaceful that I would stop and look into the trees and just soak up the power that I felt. I felt like I could do anything while I was in those woods. I haven't been back in them in years and I do miss it. I am going to have to go back soon.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:31 PM on May. 25, 2009