What are good chores for three year olds?

I'm trying to create a chore chart for my 3 year old daughter. So far I have: Brushing teeth in the morning, put dirty dishes in the sink, pick up toys, put clothes in the hamper, take bath, brush night time teeth.

lizzeh

Asked by lizzeh at 5:21 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you can also have her help set the table for dinner.... my son loves doing that. I get all the plates and everything out and put them on the table and then have him put them where they all go and he loves to make his puppies bowls of food
    Anonymous

• mine does all those but what he really loves doing are things im doing. So he helps me dust and cook! He has so much fun. Oh yea, and helps me make beds
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 5:23 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Well, my daughter will be 5 on wednesday. But she started pretty early mimicking the things I would do around the house. She knew where her dirty clothes were so when I started laundry she would study the color piles and seperate her clothes. It was a learning experience as well because she learned her colors of course. Then she wanted to empty the bottom of the dishwasher. No silverware of course and always supervised. She was always responsible for putting her toys away, and dad bought her a small vacuum, so now she wants to be allowed to vacuum her room. make it fun find them things and make a game out of it and a learning experience and they will enjoy it....
    pebbleschild

Answer by pebbleschild at 5:26 PM on May. 25, 2009

• :|...You're supposed to separate the colors?
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 5:31 PM on May. 25, 2009

• You could also have her help with loading and unloading silverware from the dishwasher (not the knives), and start teaching how to properly wash tables and counters (my kids always loved the chores that involved a sponge and water)
    jlknudsen5478

Answer by jlknudsen5478 at 6:58 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My 5 and 2 year old clean the tub for me. I put them in there with a couple of scrub brushes and a few squirts of clarifying shampoo. They get to slip and slide around, and they scrub the walls and floor of the tub. Then I fill the tub with water, and they get cleaned up in the resulting bubble bath. Unplug when the kids are bored, and tub dirt and kid dirt goes down the drain!
    ilazria

Answer by ilazria at 9:51 PM on May. 25, 2009

• mason and landon LOVE cleaning the table. anything with water and soap is great. they like washing the windows and sweeping the floors as well. They also like helping putting their clothes away after washing and drying them. they help put them in the machines as well and I don't separate the colors..just the whites is all I do haha. I'm too lazy for all that other stuff. putting away towels and washrags are their favorite with the laundry cuz they get to toss them up and aim at the shelf..usually not folded by time they are done but hey, they try :D
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 10:54 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Along with everything else...agree with cleaning out the dishwasher. I hand my daughter a stack of her bowls to put away... then a stack of her plates. Then I take out all of our adult silverware and hand her the basket.

This is really assuming all of your child's dishes are at her level to put away.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 2:35 PM on May. 26, 2009