Do you believe we were really cavemen?

I know humans have resided in caves before, but I'm talking about cavemen that you normally see in books or on tv. The ones lugging around large clubs, dragging their women by their hair, and grunting out noises because that's how they knew to communicate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. There is evidence of micro-evolution - mutation, variation within a species, etc. There is NOT ONE SHRED of real evidence proving that monkeys turn into humans (MACRO-evolution). If these "cavemen" existed as they are taught to, where are they now? Shouldn't the missing links we walking around with us now? Also, if you actually look at the bones found to supposedly be the "missing links", you'll see that either there aren't enough bones there to to be sure, or the bones are identical to either a normal ape or a normal human, or they were found out to be a hoax later! Do the research yourself, don't just read the textbooks.

CONTINUED>>>>>
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 8:40 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I know the last guy I was with was like that so I'm inclined think his ancestors definitely were.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:44 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Nope. Not in the least.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:44 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Why not? We had to evolve our language somehow. Using signs and whatever noises to communicate seems to be the natural evolution. Of course, the pull your woman by her hair thing seems a little out there! lol That part, I doubt. :) Here is something to read, if you are interested.

Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 5:50 PM on May. 25, 2009

• You know.....they pull out these skulls....supposedly remnants of the ancestors. I have to say they should have seen some of the people in the school I went to! Could have been one of them!
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:51 PM on May. 25, 2009

• LOL admckenzie! I know someone who resembles the cavemen on the geico commercials, except he has really long hair. I definately believe he has strong ancenstory to those days LOL
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:51 PM on May. 25, 2009

• No, I think they looked much better than we do now : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:52 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Yeah, but "we" is kind of a broad term.

We're homo sapiens. There were different kinds of "humans", like neanderthals and homo erectus. I believe another one is austrolopithecus. I know I spelled that totally wrong, but whatever.

I think what we think of as "cavemen" were neanderthals. I'd like to be an anthropologist one day, so all this stuff really interests me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:03 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Those geico cavemen are kinda cute
    Anonymous

• yes, I believe some humanoid form of our ancestors were something like that and lived in caves.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:19 PM on May. 25, 2009