I know this is stupid to ask but...

My husband and our son have been living with my mother for almost a year... We are now living in our own house and since we dont have baby monitor's we put our son's crib in our room... He used to wake up at least once a night to eat when we still lived with my mother.. From the moment we moved out and put him in his crib he has slept all night.. I'm not complaining but I'm just wondering if you any of you could tell me what's changed that he sleeps all night now..[before at my mothers we slept in the livingroom floor and he slept in a pack n play in the livingroom also]

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 5:44 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You sound the same person that posted a question about how your son would do moving into a new house and sleeping in a different room than ya'll.... I don't why this happens but I was the same way when I was a kid only I was 9 lol. I would just say YAY!!! And SLEEP haha =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:38 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Maybe it is the difference between the pack n play & the crib.. Or maybe he feels safer now. There could be a number of things it could be.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:46 PM on May. 25, 2009

• maybe hes just more comfortable and he doesnt sense tension.....
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 5:46 PM on May. 25, 2009

• He's obviously happier and more comfortable. Putting him in his own room would be even better and then run a fan for some background noise. Monitors aren't that expensive and so the sooner you get him out of your room the better!
    Anonymous

• My daughter HATED her pack and play. We used it in our room like the 1st 3 weeks she was home and it seemed like she was never comfortable. So I switched her to her crib just for the hell of it and she was like instantly more comfortable in that.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 6:50 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I have to agree, pack in plays dont seem to be that comfy. with my oldest we bought like sheet covers for the pack n play and would fold up a couple blankets, they them down, and then put the sheet cover on, she seemed to like that better. but ever since i put both my kids into their cribs they slept much better. I don't know what it is, but hey whatever makes them sleep all night right? haha
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 7:28 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Maybe it's quieter? Maybe your child grew out of waking up in the night? It could have been any number of things!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:31 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Since my son has been born he went from the bassinet while i was at my house and then for a little while in the pack n play at his fathers, now that we have him in the crib in his own room, he sleeps much longer and is more comfurtable. I am sure it was the fact that you had your child in there and it does get uncomfurtable, its like sleeping on the floor.
    gennymae

Answer by gennymae at 8:05 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I would say Comfort. He may feel now that you all are in YOUR own home and he can sleep soundly.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 8:35 PM on May. 25, 2009