Low-carb FAST recipes?

Anyone know of a website with recipes that are low-carb AND fast (like 15-20 minutes)? I need to put together a menu of the sort for grocery shopping for when my hubby is gone... I don't get much time to cook with work and all, and need quick, but low-carb (gestational diabetes) recipes.

Any help would be much appreciated! Or even if there is a group/forum out there of the sort that you know of.

Thanks!

Nunyabiznes

Asked by Nunyabiznes at 5:47 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Health

• tuna salad, grilled chicken, any protein and a green non starchy veggie, stay away from refined white sugar and flour.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:48 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Did you know that a low fat, vegan diet is now considered to be healthier for diabetics that the tradional ADA diet. Dr. McDougall has free meal plans and recipes on his website: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Thank you! I'll go check it out now, not sure if I'd be able to live without my meat, but maybe it'll give me some ideas :-)
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 7:13 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I've got cookbooks. . . try the fat flush plan, the zone etc. .. Marinate some meat in lime or lemon juices, adding salt and pepper, or salad dressings and serve with steamed vegges and stirfry's. grill the meat or saute and only add like a table spoon of water. When the water dries out, and the meat is browning the residue on the pan, add a touch more water and wipe the meat in it. the sauce is incredibly exquisite! always add some fruit or a little brown rice because you should have at least 9 grams of carbs for a snack, 27 grams for a meal if you are a woman and 36 if you are a man or nursing or pregnant; and veges have lots of fiber but it takes platefuls to get enough carbs from them. try www.drbarrysears.com. Make sure you are getting enough good fats too. EFA's are essential.
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 6:05 PM on May. 26, 2009