marijuana and pregnancy

ok, first off dont think im a bad person for asking this question but i know about 20 people that have smoked while they were pegnant and nothing went wrong with the baby. they were all perfectly healthy and very smart now. but any ways im 33 weeks along and need to know when should i quit smoking before i get tested and social services will step in? i only smoke because i get sick and queasy and it makes it go away.. but i would rather be sick than get my baby taken what do i do? im due july 18

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Let the shitstorm begin....
    Anonymous

• they dont drug test you in pregnancy
    but if there are suspesions then they wil test the baby and if the baby pops positive then yes they will step in
    im sorry but just because people you know did it doesnt make it right what if you are the one person whos ekid is screwed up . poor choice in my book
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:55 PM on May. 25, 2009

• You are a moron. I hope they take you're baby away. There is NO excuse for doing drugs when you are pregnant period.
    Anonymous

• Ummm...you should have quit when you found out that you were pregnant. Just because you think these peoples children don't have any negative side effects from their drug use doesn't mean you are in the clear. You should care enough for the welfare of your child to quit.
    Anonymous

• why would you think social services will take your baby away? if you think thats what will happen, than you shouldnt be smoking. I didnt toke while preggo, and my baby is very smart. its all about genes and willingness to teach the child that makes them smart, not marijuana. just like ciggies, marijuana smoke has chemicals which enter the fetus and the monoxide is poisonous and constricts air and blood flow. it's "safer" to ingest marijuana than smoke it, if you GOTTA have it!
    Anonymous

• First of all, just because some people had healthy babies after doing drugs when they are pregnant doesn't mean EVERYONE'S babies will be healthy. It's people like you that piss me off. There are women out there who do everything they are supposed to do. They eat healthy, they follow the rules to a T, and for some reason they have babies born with problems. And then there are people like you and your friends who smoke pot during pregnancy and whatever else you are doing wrong and get rewarded with healthy children. As far as answering your question goes, pot stays in your system anywhere from 1-3 months. If you are still having to pee in a cup at your doctor's appointments, there is a chance your doctors ALREADY KNOW you are smoking because there will be increased amounts of certain substances. However they might not. If they suspect you have been doing drugs during your pregnancy they will test the baby once he/she is born.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:00 PM on May. 25, 2009

• And I agree with Anon. Obviously if you are concerned about Social Services finding out you've been smoking and taking your child away, you must know that it is wrong and risky, so why are you still doing it?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:02 PM on May. 25, 2009

• In my county they test all moms and babies for drugs at the time of the birth.
    I'm a pot baby. my mom smoked pot while pregnant with me her entire pregnancy. But seriously, being quesy is not a good reason to smoke pot during pregnancy.
    Anyways, ..if you smoke it everyday i would stop now. pot will stay in a chronic smokers system for about a month. Not to mention that your baby might keep it a little longer then you do.
    I'm not going to wish that they take your baby away. but i hope that in the future you think of YOUR BABY and not your quesyness.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:05 PM on May. 25, 2009

• It's your kid. Not mine. If you want a dumb kid, so be it. We don't have enough idiots in the world, what's one more? Thanks for breeding. How's the trailer court??
    Anonymous

• **quote** being queasy is not a good reason to smoke pot during pregnancy **end quote**

Sure it is - to the woman who cares only about herself and NOTHING about her baby. She even identifies that she doesn't want her child removed and placed in a safe environment - which she's not even willing to provide before birth.

Poor baby. I feel for it - someone needs to since the "mom" clearly doesn't.
    Anonymous