Just wondering.. 37 weeks

I think this week when I go to my appointment my doctor is going to check for dilation and all that fun stuff, but I am kind of nervous about it. Should I be? I've got all these images in my head of the doctor having to feel WAYYY up there, and it makes me nervous. Even doing a regular pap my doctor always has to tell me, "you need to relax your bottom", lol. It's not that easy, its not exactly joyful having wierd things up there..if you know what i mean.. anyone else going through this? Obviously, it's not a big deal..but its just something thats been on my mind.. so im wondering how bad this is really going to be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you don't want to you don't have to get checked at all. The checks are useless anyway, they cant tell you when labor will start, it only tells you if you are dilated or not and that's not an indication of anything.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:40 AM on May. 26, 2009

• your dr wont be feelin high up or anything! it might feel a little weird, but it'll be quick!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:08 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Nope, just a brief and shallow feel for the cervix not your tonsils.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:16 PM on May. 25, 2009

• you really don't need to be checked at all... there are no medical reasons for it in a "normal " pregnancy. Just say no if you want to..
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 6:34 PM on May. 25, 2009

• its a lil uncomfortable but doesn't hurt, you will be ok! But like the pp said if you feel to uncomfortable then you can not get it! GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:11 PM on May. 25, 2009

• you don't have to get checked. don't do it if you're that uncomfortable and yes i know what you mean!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:36 PM on May. 25, 2009