babies self entertainment

How old are babies when they start becoming interested in toys,play mats?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep putting your baby by them and playing on the floor with her/him to introduce the toy and before you know it he/she'll be entertained by him/herself and know what to do with the toy.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 6:16 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My daughter's almost 10 weeks and we just got one for her. She "talks" to the little octopus on it. Sometimes yells at it lol. But I would buy one now. Even if they can't actually play with anything, eventually they'll start to reach for things and the color patters and brightness are good for their eyes and stimulating their brains. I'm hoping mine rolls over for the first time on it soon too. She's getting close!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 6:48 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My daughter is 12 weeks and has been showing interest for a little while, but in the past week or so has been getting good at grabbing things.
    I started showing her things afew days after I brought her home from the hospital.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 6:59 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Usually around 4-6 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:40 PM on May. 25, 2009