Is it too late to start a garden?

We just got a bigger home with a really good place to plant stuff! Can I still start a garden or is it too late? I want to grow herbs for cooking and some flowers. Maybe some veggies. Thanks.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 6:13 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I don't think so, I just started mine this weekend bc we were still getting frost (I live in MI)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:25 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Never too late to start a garden. Depending on where you are, you can still plant lots of different things. You can also plant a fall veggie garden. Broccoli, cabbage, other cole plants do well then. Also can plant another crop of peas for fall. Also, same for flowers and herbs. Obviously, you can't plant spring bulbs now (gladioli), since they just won't come up well this year. But this fall, you can plant the fall bulbs - Daffodils, tulips, etc. You might want to pot the herbs so you can bring them inside when cold weather hits.

Not knowing where you are, I can't be more specific. Nor do I know your preference in flowers or veggies.

Some years back, when I moved in May to a mobile home in a mobile home park, I had a nice large back yard where I put in a garden. The first year it was kind of small, but I added to it each year, and eventually it was about 30 x 30.

Good luck
    tngrandma

Answer by tngrandma at 6:26 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I M in northern california
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:56 PM on May. 25, 2009

• you'll be fine, herbs need really warm weather anyway. good luck.
    jewjewbees

Answer by jewjewbees at 8:20 PM on May. 25, 2009