What part of drugs and pregnancy do you not understand?

So, drugs are bad anytime, we learned that in like 1st grade, right? So, now factor in a being pregnant and you still have to ask if it's a bad thing? Anyone's mom do drugs when they were pregnant with them? Any side effects? Do you think it was a good thing that your mom did drugs while pregnant with you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't understand this either. People must think they are invincible or something just because NOT EVERYONE has a baby with problems even if they do drugs. I am pregnant and don't even eat lunch meat or drink tap water because I don't want to do anything that is even the SLIGHTEST bit risky to my baby. I had a friend who drank and did drugs, pot and coke, her whole pregnancy. Apparently she had the same mind set as everyone else but she didn't get as lucky. Her baby girl was born early by emergency c-section and is not 18 months old and can't even hold her own head up. She has a tube in her brain and is basically a vegetable. My x friend is in COMPLETE DENIAL that any of these problems her baby has is because of what she did while she was pregnant. Some people are just stupid and its sad that the us smart ones still get babies with problems while the stupid ones get healthy babies sometimes. Not fair.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:31 PM on May. 25, 2009

• 420
    Anonymous

• I watched my uncle and aunt (in law) smoke MJ frequently while pregnant with my cousin. She's as dumb as a box of rocks, and has the attention span of a gnat! Correlation (parents) versus causation (MJ)...it's kind of hard to tell...could be either!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:25 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Right Non 522 and I see your intelligence just popping through! I'm sorry, but that is apparent in your language!
    Anonymous

• Ash9724, that made me tear up. That's so horrible. And I don't know why God allows people like that to have kids, when there's so many people that want kids but cannot have them. I guess it's just one thing we'll never know.
    Anonymous

• I know of lots of mothers that did drugs while they were pregnant.. although my mother and I, thankfully aren't on that list...

my aunt.. she has 2 daughters.. she did cocaine while pregnant with both.. her oldest is fine, but her daughter has minor down syndrom.

my friends mom did drugs with all her kids.. pot.. and all her kids are fine.. with the exception of their daughter who is bi- polar.. but so is the mother, so I highly doubt it was drug related.

another cousin of mine did drugs while she was pregnant. cocaine.. and her son is ADHD..

me-- didn't do drugs.. my DD is fine (even after a major car wreck while I was 8 months pregnant because some drug driver blew a stop sign).
    my friend- didn't do drugs.. as 4 kids.. 2 are fine.. one has ADHD, and the youngest is still being tested, but they think he has autism.

Probably why I don't agree with drugs while prego. There are all ready enough risks out there..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:47 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I watched a friend drink (get drunk) and do countless drugs... pot,pills,coke and heroin while pregnant. Her kids all came out fine! And then you see these mothers who do everything right during pregnancy and their child ends up with a birth defect. I think if doctors have cause they should be allowed to drug test a mother during pregnancy or birth without permission. If it comes back positive... they should get Endangering charges and be mandated to get some type of rehab so they can be good parents to their kids. Cuz lets face it if they didnt stop while pregnant.... they probably never are going to!
    goose23

Answer by goose23 at 7:16 PM on May. 25, 2009