What are good gift and party ideas for a 3 year old, types of games?

Shannarou

Asked by Shannarou at 6:22 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter turns three in a month and told me she wanted a "lollipop" cake...so we're actually doing a Candyland theme. I'm looking for the papers with candy dots on them...someone suggested taping them to the wall and letting the kids try and see how many they can get off with their mouth. My mom always used to blindfold us and give us a spoon and two big bowls. She'd put tons of cotton balls in one and you'd see how many you could get into the other bowl before the time was up. Maybe I'll do something like musical sqaures...where when the music stops you have to stop on a square and do whatever the picture on the square shows...like clapping, jumping, etc. Just a few ideas...
    MyRainbowBabies

Answer by MyRainbowBabies at 12:51 AM on May. 28, 2009

• stack the blocks....you know like they used to do at the mcdonalds parties...well i remember it from like 15 years ago!!! See who can stack them the highest. sounds fun for that age group.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 6:27 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Lots of ideas here  http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html  under each theme is supplies, games, party favors, gifts all under the theme. 

momjs

Answer by momjs at 6:27 PM on May. 25, 2009

• In our family the birthdays are all summer and we choose themed outdoor parties (cowboy western theme, hawaiian theme, etc..) either at home or a local park. They can be a ton of fun and can happy birthdayy food choices and physical activity (dances, outdoor games...). Also nice is the flexibility to spend what you want to - homemade decorations, food and games purchased (www.orientaltrading.com). Most of all - ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

playthisway

Answer by playthisway at 8:10 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I got a pinata for my son on his 3rd birthday party the kids loved it. They sell them at walmart the kids pull the strings on the pinata till the candy falls out. The book what to expect in the toddler years also has ideas for games in it
    shelleymae33

Answer by shelleymae33 at 4:20 PM on May. 27, 2009

• I like all these ideas I love the idea from MyRainbowBabies idea about musical squares. I think lyssa would just love the music so doing different things would definitely be something she'd like.
    Shannarou

Answer by Shannarou at 12:13 PM on May. 28, 2009