War and this administration

All of the men who died all the five or seven thousand who went out and died to make the world safe for democracy to make the world safe for words without meaning how did they feel about it just before they died? If the thing they were fighting for was important enough to die for then it was also important enough for them to be thinking about in the last minutes of their life. Life is awfully important so if you’ve given it away you’d ought to think with all your mind in the last moments of your life about the thing you traded it for. So did all those kids die thinking of democracy and freedom and liberty and honor and the safety of the home and the stars and stripes forever….

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You’re god dam right they didn’t. They died crying in their minds like little babies. They forgot everything they were fighting for everything they were DYING for and they thought about the things a man CAN understand. They died yearning for the face of a friend a mother a father a wife a child…They died with their hearts sick for one more look at the place they called home. They died with only one thought in their brains and that was… I want to live. So I ask you HOW you in good conscience can support any war. Why is it so wrong that this administration is trying diplomacy? What is wrong with trying to see if we can stop the violence… and the death of our children, our husbands, our friends? Please someone explain that to me!!
    Anonymous

• If DIPLOMACY actually worked would Kim Jong Il of North Korea be playing around with nuclear bombs and test missiles right now?!

Maybe Obama should present him with one of his nice Dollar Store gifts, and have a nice chat with Kim...that'll learn him! (sarcasm!)

And if service men and women DIDN'T want to fight with their dying breath for the country they love, then WHY do they RE-ENLIST and sign up for additional tours when their contract is up, and they have fulfilled all of their service requirements?!

Anon 6:29...I think your grief has altered your perception of what soldiers really think and feel.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:37 PM on May. 25, 2009

YUP YUP.. And what was Iran doing a few weeks ago? Ohh yea, confirming missle launch http://www.reuters.com/article/newsMaps/idUSTRE54J43Z20090520

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:40 PM on May. 25, 2009

• To the first responder....you are the epitome of a selfish person. If men and women didn't believe in what their mission was, then no one would have gotten off their boat at the Battle of Normandy!!! Many KNEW they were going to die that day, but still charged forward, because SOMEONE had to!!!

If a service man or woman was thinking about THEMSELVES at that last moment before they died then they were not truly fighting for their country. Only those who selflessly fought for this country have the honor and integrity to be called HEROES. It is their heroism that allows you to spew such drivel.

My grandfather--who fought in WWII--once told me:

"It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees!"

I have no doubt which one you live by.
    Anonymous

• Anon 6:29: I agree with you. Most of these young men though many enlisted with the thought of patriotism, found out quickly that the Iraq war was not about what they had believed it was about. This is a documented truth. Many are enlisting for the simple fact that it's a job and they are getting paid. More and more are expected to enlist for that very fact, because there are no jobs here and they have families to support. Why have so many been deployed over and over agan? Because there are not enough men and women enlisting. Proven fact, WWI an WWII, there was a great sense of patriotism by soldiers going overseas because there was much more passion for HUMAN SUFFERING. Why was there so little patriotism about Viet Nam? Because the agend was not about people, it was about money, resources, government positioning. Why is it Bush & Co. had to have a good reason to go to Iraq, something that the citizens would stand
    Anonymous

• behind? Because American patriotism at its best comes when the citizens feel threatened. The Iraq war had nothing to do with human suffering or spreading our beliefs in democracy. It was about resources and revenge for 9/11--yet Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. When the point of death comes, the thought of dying for country is not what is going through their minds, it's the fact that they will never see home, parents, wife, children, siblings. They are crying and asking themselves why they chose to go and was it really worth it. They are praying that they live. They are not thinking, "I will be remembered as a patriot!
    Anonymous

• my dad was in korea.ya dont worry youwill get your flag.i will make sure...i think its kind of a no win situation.my neighbor is in the army.he has 2 children.they bought a house in mass.his duty was up. they gave him a choice of 3 things he could do.2 civilian 1 iraq.he choose iraq?he told my husband before he told his own wife.so he came back from iraq and once again they offered him the same thing still he choice to stay in the service.granted his wife is a bitch.but what about the kids.now he is living away and his wife is living here.she thought when they bought the house he was getting out of the service.he did his tour of ten years.was in dessert storm,but i think at this point he was just thinking about himself/hiswife was livid.i am sure this isnt doing much for the kids either.i should add they arent legally separated so she still gtets all the bennys.
    Anonymous

• "Why is it so wrong that this administration is trying diplomacy?"

You mean like sending more troops to Afganistan and Pakistan?  Yup, that is diplomacy.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:00 PM on May. 25, 2009

• agree with you. Most of these young men though many enlisted with the thought of patriotism, found out quickly that the Iraq war was not about what they had believed it was about. This is a documented truth

Where is this documented? I know alot of people who have been there or are there and BELIEVE in the mission.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:08 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Annon 7:24 If I was posting such drivel I would be annon too.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:10 PM on May. 25, 2009