Should I be as worried as I feel?

I was induced with my first daughter when I was 36wks prego. She wasn't moving and my blood pressure was 170/100. I'm currently 30wks prego with my second daughter and I am cramping like crazy. I've gone to the L&D so many times in the past couple weeks being sent home with "ligament pain." I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday (in two days) and I want to hold off going to the L&D till I can see her. Part of me thinks I'm over-reacting because I am worried about delivering early like I did the first time, but another part knows this pain is real. I wasn't even registering on the contraction monitor the last time, but I WAS in pain. Any advice?

kayla_trinity

Asked by kayla_trinity at 7:31 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go in its better to be save than sorry because i went in a lot with the same things pain hurting wasn't sure what it was but thats normal. They probably got tired of seeing me but hey least i was at peace knowing the baby was fine and everything
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 8:27 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Cramps are normal as long as they dont' follow a pattern. Stress will raise your blood pressure and can cause contractions. Try not to worry as much as you are. I know it's hard to not worry but worrying and stressing causes more problems.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:35 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I'm glad I took your advice pandora09.... I WAS having contractions.... I was dehydrated. Baby Trinity is fine though. I'm now a fingertip dilated which they said was normal. My blood pressure was normal, so everything is fine now!!! Thank goodness :)
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 7:51 PM on May. 26, 2009