Does N. Korea conducting nuclear tests scare you?

Why or why not? It scares me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yes. Because I do not think this administration has the respect or the strength to keep us safe.  I think they will try diplomacy till they bomb a US city.  These crazies DO NOT respond to diplomacy.  Notice the significant uptick in N Korea thumbing their nose at warnings to stop these tests. They do not think there is anyone to stop them and I don't either.  The UN is a joke when it comes to sanctions.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:37 PM on May. 25, 2009

• It doesn't scare me really but it certainly concerns me. NK can be dealt with thru talks unlike Iran.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:37 PM on May. 25, 2009

• They do them here in this country and we live here. We're at danger every time they test them.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:40 PM on May. 25, 2009

• No, because I don't live on the west coast.

Besides, they had 6 devices, they've now used up 2. They only have 4 left and then they're out.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:45 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Yes! They are loonies who need to be stopped.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:45 PM on May. 25, 2009

Actually the last test of a misseile with a live nuclear head was in 1962.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:46 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I hate to say it but I think if we can harbor nucs so can any other country. Why should we be able to say who can and can't protect their countries? That said, I do wish it werent' NK as they do seem extremest and a little unpredictable. I agree with Momo about this administration. We'll see on keeping our nation safe.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:49 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I deleted my previous answer as it was incomplete,lol. I wanted to say that yes, the idea of anyone with Anti America sentiments testing or having nuclear weapons scares me.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 7:57 PM on May. 25, 2009

Its called mutually assured destruction but some rogue countries will use them unlike us unless pushed to. That line of thinking scares me just as much as them having nukes.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:00 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Yes it does scare me because I feel North Korea is not afraid of anyone and realizes that with the new Mister Roger's administration we have here in the US, that they can continue disregarding the rules the UN has set into place and that no one is going to do anything to stop them. And to jeanclaudia, the United Nations has no problem with other countries harboring nuclear weapons as long as they sign the agreement to not use them or develop them for mass distruction of some kind. If you don't sign the treaty you can't have nucs. Plain and simple. These countries are run by extremist dictators who are reckless and evil and as far as I'm concerned they should not be able to get away with threatening the rest of the world. We should WANT to do something about it before we NEED to do something about it. The United States SHOULD NOT negotiate with terrorists and extremists. Actions speak louder than words.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:34 PM on May. 25, 2009