Any Jonesboro, Arkansas mommies around?

My husband and I got to talking about some things, and we are looking into asking for a job transfer to Jonesboro, Arkansas. But before we start making any decisions, I want to learn a bit about the town. Of course, I've done my internet research, but it really doesn't look much into life and living there.

Can anyone tell me much about the environment? How are the neighborhoods, rent rates, cost of living, etc etc? I just want to have a bit of an outlook on the place before we look into moving there. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No one really answered my question...so...i'll pick myself. :-P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Im from JONESBORO AR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 7:57 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Its a growing town...bout 55,000. We are an hour from Memphis TN...and 2 hours from Mountain Home AR which has the most beautiful lake(which is where i grew up) The neighborhoods are nice....there are some that arent so nice, of course. Rent rates...for a house...3 bedroom, 2 bath...bout 800 a month. There is a lot of new houses for sale....a lot of them go for around 120-150 thousand for a 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage......what else you need to know?
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 8:02 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Wow! So, if my budget is about $400-600 for renting a house or apartment, I'll be living in the slums there? How is crime, and how are the people? Are a lot of people snobby and "income divided"? Where I live, it's a small town with mostly lower-middle class people, but everyone likes to act like their rich, and I'm sick of it....
    Anonymous

• I'm in Little Rock, about 2 1/2 hours away. But let me tell ya. Almost all of AR is bueatiful. Lots of good shopping, good resturants, tons of great everything. I wouldn't live in any other state.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:00 PM on May. 25, 2009