I was wanting to have unprotected sex with my husband 8 weeks after childbirth. Two days after starting the pill will I get pregnant?

I have been with my husband for around 3 yrs. We prefer to have unprotected sex. We get tested anually and I know it's safe. It just feels better, but I don't want to get pregnant this soon. Would it be safe? Again, would it?!

Mrs.Herring

Asked by Mrs.Herring at 7:45 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• if u had sex 2 days after starting the pill then yes you could get preggo again, it takes a month for the pill to me 99%....
    Anonymous

• no but I was the same way go get

http://www.vcf-contraceptive.com/ 

its not too messy good luck

Anonymous

• Yes you could be. Especially that early. My dr told me the first 10 weeks or so I was would be very fertile and needed to use a back-up method to my BC for a month after starting it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:49 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Can you afford to take the chance? Think about it, the possibility is very real.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 7:53 PM on May. 25, 2009

• you probably should have talked to your doctor at your six weeks check up about that. You are SO fertile after birth that you may have just gotten BINGO again young lady!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:08 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Yikes!! My husband teases me about having such a high libido BUT no amount of wanting him would have made me risk getting pregnant so soon.. I have friends with "irish" twins (back to back pregnancies) and they survived but I wanted wine and sushi back in my life too much to risk it!!
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 10:19 PM on May. 25, 2009

• It takes a week for the hormones is Birth control to begin working so there is a chance you could be pregnant, only time will tell.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 12:53 AM on May. 26, 2009