Does my son have sleeping trouble?

My son is almost 4 and he has always slept through the night. Ever since he has turned about 3, he wakes up at 3 or 4 in the morning playing and jumping on his bed. He goes to bed around 9 or so and usually doesn't nap during the day. He will do this whether he naps or not. I can't figure out why. He also has a speech delay. I dont know know if this is something I should be concerned about. I'm afraid he might have a sleep disorder or something. His dad has ADD and having trouble sleeping runs in their family.

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 7:59 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He is at that age. Take all the toys out of his room and make it as dark as possible. If he gets up just tell him he needs to lay down and go back to bed. Try a later bed time as he might be getting to much deep sleep to quickly. Its a normal thing for his age, both my nephews did the same thing. My niece is 3 now and does it as well.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:01 PM on May. 25, 2009