I wanted to add to my previous question that is in the details. I would like to know if pulling out would decrease my chances?

I was wanting to have unprotected sex with my husband 8 weeks after childbirth. Two days after starting the pill will I get pregnant?
I have been with my husband for around 3 yrs. We prefer to have unprotected sex. We get tested anually and I know it's safe. It just feels better, but I don't want to get pregnant this soon. Would it be safe? Again, would it?!

Mrs.Herring

Asked by Mrs.Herring at 8:07 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• If your only with your husband then you don't need to be tested unless your sleeping around. Secondly you can get pregnant at anytime and 2 days after starting the pill is pushing it as it usually takes 30 days to get in your system. Pulling out is not a method of birth control as the pre-cum has more viable good sperm in it. The ejaculation after the pre-cum is what pushes it to where it needs to be with other sperm. So I would recommend a spermicide of some kind.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:11 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Pulling out is effective but not near as much as birth control. It can be up to 80% effective, BUT that means he has to do it BEFORE he ejaculates every time, and even if he does do it in time all the time, you still have a chance.
    Anonymous

• Pulling out is not that effective unless he doesn't have PRE CUM. How do you think so many young girls end up pregnant when they swear the guy pulled out and didn't CUM inside them. Its not 80% effective. I would say its about 20% and thats on a good day.
    Anonymous

• The birthcontrol shot is effective with in 24 hours! but the pill takes a month to work!
    If you are that set on having sex soon with out using protection I would use some spermacide and pull out too!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:17 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I would go ahead and start buying more diapers because you're going to end up pregnant. A woman is more likely to get pregnant right after giving birth because her body is built to carry and make babies and it wants to be pregnant again so I'd say your chances with or without pulling is high. He's not had sex in atleast 6 weeks, so his build up is rather potent I'd say...
    Why not just use something else till the birth control is fully in the system? If you start taking birth control while you're pregnant it can cause you to miscarry or birth defects (blindness and deafness in particular is what they used to warn against).
    And whoever said that you can get pregnant with precum is right, you can most definetely. They have some really ultra thin condoms... I'd use it for the month so that you don't end up pregnant again too soon.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:32 PM on May. 25, 2009

• just try the vcf its quick and cheep

Anonymous

• If you want unprotected sex with pretty much no worry of getting pregnant, get the IUD inserted. It's one of the most effective forms of birth control, and you don't have to worry about taking pills every day or putting on patches or getting shots. I've had mine since March and I couldn't be happier.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:49 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Spermicide doesn't always work, I'm 8 months pregnant now and that's what we were using. Get the birth control shot just to cover yourself until the pills kick in.
    ms.morris

Answer by ms.morris at 11:32 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Pull out method has a 27%failure rate. If you want statistics, you could google pull out method.
    Anonymous