Military wives...

What's been your favorite base/post so far? And what has been your least favorite?

My favorite by far is the 3 years we spent at Moron Air Base in Spain. Talk about a wonderful way of life, it was amazing there.

My least favorite so far? I would have to say Offutt AFB in Nebraska. It wasn't bad, but we were just starting out there an my hubby had to work 2 jobs to support us so he was never home.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 8:10 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good question.........After moving around for many years, we are now 4 years into retirement!
    Worse place: the year we spent in LA California. High rent and DH worked all the time and I had 4 little ones at the time............I loved Redstone AL, and Hawaii was great.

I am in VA now and like it a lot too. It feels like home for us until someday, we really retire and head to who knows where...........
    HELLOITSDONNA

Answer by HELLOITSDONNA at 8:53 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I hated Germany and NY and so far VA is the one I like. We live on Fort Story right on the beach. NY is cold and crappy and Germany is just crappy and the food and people suck.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:12 PM on May. 25, 2009

• When my hubby was in the Marine Corps my favorite base was Cherry Point, NC. Just down the road from the beach. We had a boat and spent our time on the water. :0)

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:15 PM on May. 25, 2009

• favorite. ft. jackson south carolina, and now we live at ft. eustis in va. kinda new here so still getting to know people and all that but so far its pretty good. just dont know people yet :(
    Anonymous

• I really loved it when my husband first joined and he was stationed in Brunswick, ME, so we could continue living there for several more years. Maine is my homestate and I love it there very much.
    I disliked him being stationed in Portsmouth, VA, very much, but we lived in military housing in Va Beach, so it wasn't all bad. I just hate the more heavily populated areas.
    Now he is stationed in DC and we bought a house an hour south in the suburbs where it is nice and peaceful. I don't like living in VA very much, but at least we're in a nice area and in a house we love.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:32 AM on May. 26, 2009