WATER BIRTHS?

ok I just found out I am pregnant with my 4th child. I had all my other children vaginal and with 2 with an epidural. So my question how does water birth work? I have heard or read you deliver in a tub. Anyway any moms had a water birth please give me info and how was your experience.. Thanks

leovirgo_mom3

Asked by leovirgo_mom3 at 8:15 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It all depends on your pain level and what you can tolerate. You can not have any meds while in the tub and some women find it relaxing while others try it and decide they want out as its restricting to them plus the tub gets cold. I was going to try but my daughter came a little faster then expected.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:17 PM on May. 25, 2009

• i had 2 water births, you have to be having a very health pregnancy to have a water birth.... and now you can have som med with a water birth just noting by iv or no epidural.... it is very relaxing and calming
    Anonymous

• Water birth is great, but as a PP said, it depends on your pain tolerance and also how you take to it. For some women, the water just doesn't do it. They want to get up and move more, they get too hot... The water is actually a lot better when it's cooler (body temp), since you tend to sweat profusely during labor and delivery. Midwives and Doulas do a great job of maintaining the water while you're in. If you plan to use a tub in the hospital, you need to check. Most hospitals will let you LABOR in the tub, but not birth, so you have to be absolutely sure. The birth pool has been called the "midwife's epidural" and it is, it really really is. I climb into the tub for every little ache and pain and get relief so I knew birthing in water would work for me and it turned out WONDERFULLY!!!
    Anonymous