My way or his way?

So we agreed that our little Boy would be Dawson James..

thats not changing but Daddy wants to spell it funny: Doson James ?? IM not feeling it.. I told him MAYBE he coudl talk me into Dason but i really dont like that too much either... I really like the original spelling and to me the others look funny.. its an uncommon enough name already that i dont think it needs a funky spelling But we were arguing about this for a good 20 minutes.. and he wanted me to see what others thought

so which spelling would you use?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:26 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree with you I like the Dawson!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:28 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Doson sounds like dose in......and dason looks like Jason but with a D so i would say it that way if I seen it. I would stick to Dawson.......IMO.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 8:29 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I could see maybe the Dason. Doson just looks like you would say it with a long O.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:29 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I completely agree with TNT8687.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 8:33 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Phonics, please!
    Anonymous

• If you spell it Doson (which looks like it would be pronounced dose-on) or Dason (which looks like it would be pronounced day-son) then you will be constantly telling people how to say his name. Do everyone a favor (especially your son!) and spell it Dawson.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:37 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Dawson I would pronounce DAW-son

Doson I would pronounce DOE-son

Dason I would pronounce DAY-son (like Jason)

To me they are three different names.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:51 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I'd go with Dawson. I like the spelling better and that way you're more likely to find one of those personalized cups or keychains someday with the child's name on it :)
    Christie814

Answer by Christie814 at 9:37 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I just wouldnt name my kid that because he'll be called Dawsons Creek forever lol but Doson will get tortured more..so Dawson is good, and for the 80% of the population that still cant read, its easier to lol
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 10:23 PM on May. 25, 2009

• definitely Dawson. If you go with either of the other options, your son will be correcting people for the rest of his life. Like they said above, Doson would be pronounced doe-son, and Dason would be pronounced day-son.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 10:50 PM on May. 25, 2009