military moms going overseas, what documents do I need to get a passport?

my hubby is going overseas and I can get command sponsorship but I have to get my passport on post. I was wondering what documents do I need to bring? I've heard a variety of things but just want to make sure from other mamas that have been there done that RECENTLY. Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Travel

• http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

Answer by rkoloms at 10:25 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Call your hubby's command, or the place where you will be getting the passport, and ask them. They should have told you before you come in, at least they did for us. I think we had to have birth certificates and some form of photo ID as well as the pictures for the passport. Not sure what else, that's been almost 10 years ago.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:54 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i just found our passport place on post and called them, i will need 4 photos, birth certificate, orders saying im going, and military ID.
    Anonymous