inducing

i am due in nine days and i was wondering if my lil man doesnt come by my due date which is the 5th if she would induce me that day. do you think so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• probably, but, i wouldn't recommend it. you should wait until your baby and body are ready. i was induced with my first and ended up a long painful augmented labor that lead to a c-section. my body and baby weren't ready at 2 days past due. don't get induced...it's awful.
    Anonymous

• My doctor had told me that she would induce me on my due date with my first daughter. I didn't even end up getting to my due date though. I had to be induced at 36wks because she wasn't moving and such. It was a horrible experience!!! Being induced forces your uterus to contract and it comes on hard and strong! If you can hold out, I would highly suggest it!! My best friend was induced with her second child, and she said there was a world of difference in the contractions. But whatever you choose, be happy with it. As long as your lil guy gets here safely:)
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 9:01 PM on May. 25, 2009

• if your baby is ok and you then i would wait till you are ready due dates are not always exact. go with what your body tells you. i was induced i had twins so they had to but it was not a horrible experience i was not in labor forever and i had them vaginally, everyones body is different talk to your doctor if you dont agree or your alternatives and walk a lot these last couple days so your baby moves into position good luck
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 10:59 PM on May. 25, 2009