Is this true? (Question about AF, TMI Maybe)

Someone recently told me that if you saw clotting in your menstrual fluids that you miscarried.. is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had clots several times with my periods and I have not miscarried as far as I know. I think if you see grayish clots or grayish tissue that means you had a miscarriage but as far as I know, regular blood clots are normal and is just part of your uterine lining coming out.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:48 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Well, I've had my tubes tied for 5 years. No chance of pregnancy here and I always have "clotting" in my flow. Remember what your period is all about. It is about the uterus preparing for a pregnancy. The uterine wall lines itself with blood in hopes it will receive a fertilized egg. When it doesn't, then it sluffs off and is eliminated.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:51 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Yes i completely agree with Ash9724. If your really worried about this call your doctor, I would call your doctor anyways i really don't think you have anything to worry about, but to make sure call them first thing in the AM.
    Anonymous

• I had clotting with all of my periods, even before I started having sex, so i'd have to say clotting is normal. I too agree with Ash9724
    javila

Answer by javila at 9:13 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I have clots regularly and the doctor says it is normal. I had a miscarriage a few years back and there was grey matter in with the blood. When I went to the doctor, he said that the grey matter was typical of a miscarriage and indeed, I had a miscarried. It's always a good idea to talk to your doctor though.
    Cupcake775

Answer by Cupcake775 at 10:30 PM on May. 25, 2009