Does your toddler scream alot?

My daughter is 17 months & she just started this screaming thing AND it's driving me crazy!!! She will yell at the top of her lungs- she'll do it when she's happy or upset but when she's upset it is a much more intense scream & I will lightly pop her mouth. It's just like a little tap & I do that b/c I do not want her to think that screaming is ok! This is my 1st child, so I will take any comments you have on what you do, if you even have to... Thanks:)

BORN2MOMMY

Asked by BORN2MOMMY at 8:52 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh yes very normal. I actually keep earplugs on hand and remind her while inside to use her inside voice. It takes awhile, but you can calm it a bit and have her save it for outdoors.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:13 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My son screams like that too, he is 16 months old. I don't know what to do either. It kills your ears, doesn't it?
    isamari

Answer by isamari at 10:32 PM on May. 25, 2009

• my boys love to scream i told my mom why do they do that and she said "all children scream when they are happy"
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 11:02 PM on May. 25, 2009