Does your childs school allow special request of teachers? Or to be seperated from a certain other student?

My childs school will try to accomodate request made from parents. So i'm thinking of requesting my child be seperated from another student next year. This student is a relative who bothers, teases and causes too many problems for my child. I'm tired of it. This other students mother is requesting a certain teacher, so i'm going to request my son be put in the other class. Any ideas on how I go about writing a letter making this request? What should the letter say?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 8:54 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would just be straight up and say "___ has been bullying my child and I will not tolerate it anymore. You obviously don't have to disclose to me what teacher ___' s parents have requested, but am requesting that you put MY child in a different class" etc
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 9:15 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Explain the issues that you are aware of and that you would like your child to not be in the some class as this other child. I hope everything works out for you and your child.
    Anonymous

• Just contact the office, you'll probably have to fill out a form with the reason why. I'm sure they will work with you on this. Just say because it's a relative you'd prefer they were separated.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:59 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I would just put it as simply as that you feel that when your child and the other child are together, problems could arise, and you would like to avoid that. I know when my oldest son was in kindergarten he was in a class with this kid who was his best friend, but they got in SO much trouble together, that at the end of the year, the teacher put notes in their files instructing the school to make sure they were put in separate classes, I didn't even have to ask.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:05 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Thank you ladies! :)
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:23 PM on May. 25, 2009