When can you feel the baby start to move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Every person and every pregnancy is different. With my first I didnt feel her move until I was 20 weeks. With my second I was 15. I started feeling this baby fairly early (around 10 weeks) but nothing regular and I had to be really paying attention. So there's not "set" time. I would say around 18 weeks average, sometimes earlier, some times later.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:00 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I was about 18wks pregnant with my first daughter before realizing what I was feeling was her moving. I was 13wks with this pregnancy when I felt it. I think it was because I knew what it was this time. How far along are you right now?
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 9:04 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I didn't feel my son until I was 24 weeks. When I got both ultrasounds at 18 and 22 weeks, you could see him kicking and moving like crazy but because of the way the placenta was positioned, i couldn't feel him.
    Anonymous

• I started feeling little tiny movements at 16 weeks and now at almost 22 weeks i can REALLY feel her. and i can see my belly move when she kicks and stuff. (:
    javila

Answer by javila at 9:10 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I felt my first son move around 20 weeks and this one I'm pregnant with now I've felt since 16 weeks. I'm 26 weeks now and I feel her move every day!
    wastedspace

Answer by wastedspace at 10:14 PM on May. 25, 2009

• With my son, he's my first, I felt him at 16wks.

Every person is different. If this is your first child, it could be up to 22wks before you REALLY feel the baby and RECOGNIZE what you're feeling. It's very easy to confuse early movement with gas pains.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:41 PM on May. 25, 2009