How can I get my 21 month old son to go poop in the toliet.

He will pee and tell me when he has to go, however he will only poop in his pamper and then once he is done will bring the dirty pamper to me. LOL

Beautifulma

Asked by Beautifulma at 9:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This is what I did.. just the other day when my 23 month old did that - I took her and the poopy diaper to her potty chair and I dumped it in there... told her "that is where you poop goes hunny" then she watch me empty it into the "big potty" and she flushed it and we sang the "bye bye poopy song" ..just TODAY she had panties on, I was in the kitchen, I heard my older daughter saying "mom come here" I heard my younger daughter saying "I poppy in the potty mom" I went running and yup she really did it.. I was like jumping up and down freaking out over joyed that she actually did it... I am still realing from it all... LOL funny I know but hey it worked for me... GOOD LUCK!
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 9:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Put your child in underwear and get rid of the diaper. After a while of pooping themselves hopefully they will do it in the toilet. It took my middle boy two weeks, and he was my longest.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• With my first one he only used underwear and after the first couple of poops in the undies, I made him help clean them and he decided that wasn't very fun so he stopped pooping in them.
    jennmarie77

Answer by jennmarie77 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• We had the opposite problem. Our son would poop in the potty and then pee pee in his diaper. We used a sticker chart, positive reinforcment, and occassional prizes to intice him.
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2008