pineapple!!!

i heard it can help start contractions or make u go into labor...i would like to know if its true an how do u eat it to make this work? im so done being pregnant so help!!!!!

june09due

Asked by june09due at 9:14 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you would have to eat a butt load.
    You will have the baby when your body is ready
    Anonymous

• i'm right there with you, there's 6 days until my due date and i am hurting soooo badly and am sooo ready to give birth and get some pain relief.
    Anonymous

• I've heard a lot of things...but never pineapple! I think that people say that whatever they ate the night before was what must have been the reason labor started...don't know...my personal opinion is that it can't hurt to try it all - spicy food, bouncing on an exercise ball, sex, italian food, pineapple...what worked for me was a deep low back and foot massage - with both pregnancies. Good luck.
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 9:17 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Pineapple has been suggested by many midwives, not sure how it works but I remember seeing it recomended on a few sites I have seen. Check this one out it may have some of the answers you are looking for. http://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Natural_Ways_to_Induce_Labor It's about half way down under diet additions. Lots of tricks on here though too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:25 PM on May. 25, 2009

• they say kiwi helps to...idk if this is true NOTHING I tried helped throw me into labor except when I was already 41 weeks and got my membranes stripped...but even that doesnt always work! Your body will do it on its own when its ready!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:33 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I've tried it all and I'm still pregnant. I heard primrose oil is number one in induceing naturally. That's coming from my MIL the nurse and her friend the midwife. By the way she planned when she had all three of her children useing it.(I'm getting some this weekend if I haven't went into labor)
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:52 PM on May. 25, 2009