I made a ..

I made a whole chicken for dinner, after we were done eating i took all the meat that was left over and put it away.. Any ideas on what to make with it tomorrow? I dont wanna waste it its alot, normally i make croquettes with them but id like something else for the family.. Any Ideas will help.. :o)

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 9:16 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This time of year I'd make chicken salad- add chopped onion, celery, relish, mayo. Or if you want to have something cooked, then mix it together with cream of chicken or mushroom soup, cooked pasta, some vegetables, part of an envelope of dried onion soup. You can also add milk or sour cream to this.

Answer by Bmat at 9:19 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Something else I do with leftover chicken is make soup- I add some chicken broth and chopped up whatever is in the refrigerator or leftover vegetables that I've stored in the freezer, at least chopped onion, if it needs something else I add canned vegetables, rice, noodles, beans.

Answer by Bmat at 9:21 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I do that quite often...I actually cook it in the crock pot - you get more meat than a deli chicken from the grocery store for less money! My kids are young so they are big fans of chicken quesadillas and fajitas ...but we love mexican food. You could also throw it in spaghetti sauce with some sauteed veggies over pasta...
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 9:21 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Chicken salad (mayo, quartered red grapes, slivered almonds, chopped celery and whatever seasonings you like. Shredded or chop the chicken.)

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:22 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Chicken salad, Chicken Tacos or Taquitos, Chickent pot pie, Chicken shakes with whipped cream, Chickensicles You mold them in the shape of popsicles and put a wooden stick in the middle and freeze them.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 9:25 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I make quesadillas, enchiladas, chilichangas, pulled chicken (shred and mix with bbq sauce in the crockpot - serve on sandwiches), soup, chicken tacos, chicken salad, etc.

Good luck - we get tired of the same thing with leftovers, too! :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:52 PM on May. 25, 2009

• you could make chicken salad, or you c ould take it put it in a crocpot all day with a jar of salsa fry up some green/red peppers or onions put some cheese on it and wrap it in a tortilla shell and have chicken fajitas.... or you could just take the pieces of chicken and put them on some bread and have chicken salads or put them in a salad.... theres alot of stuff!
    Anonymous

• BBQ chicken. Just add bbq to the shredde chicken ad its great.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:12 PM on May. 25, 2009